Get Involved >> Serve at Home
Serve at Home
Volunteer at the Virginia Office
Our office in Manassas, Virginia has both monthly and occasional opportunities for you to help the Mission. If you are willing and able to serve, we will be glad to get you involved. Please call our office at 703-361-3331.
Advocate for Agape Children's Home
The Advocate program provides an opportunity for individuals and families to get personally involved in the work of AGM’s orphanage, the Agape Children’s Home. Advocates speak up for the millions of orphans in Africa, and specifically for the orphans at ACH. By representing Africa’s children at risk, Advocates can:
- Increase awareness about the plight of the children
- Encourage prayer and financial support for the needs of the Home
- Recruit others to become involved with Africa’s children through going, giving, and connecting
- Speak up for those who can’t speak for themselves!
Advocates work within their existing circle of friends, family, church, and neighbors. Here are just a few examples of projects that an Advocate can undertake:
- Host a small circle of friends at a home meeting for a night of fun, information, and challenge about Africa’s children
- Act as a liaison between AGM and your local church to present the needs of the children to your pastor, Missions Committee, etc., for prayer and financial support
- Implore individuals, families, Sunday School classes, and small groups to sponsor individual children in Africa
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can serve as an Advocate?
The Advocate program is open to any committed Christian who is willing to speak up for the children of Africa and represent the work of the Agape Children’s Home. It is generally assumed that an Advocate would already be sponsoring a child him/herself. If you are not already sponsoring a child, will you sponsor one today?
How much time will it require?
Advocates can commit as little as two to three hours a month to serving Africa’s children – or can get more heavily involved if they wish. Whatever you are able to do, your service will make a difference in the lives of the children in Africa.
I’d like to help, but I don’t know what to say. What materials will be available to me?
We will do our best to fully inform you of the facts, needs, and information that you will need to properly present the ministry to others. We provide materials such as child profiles, ministry literature, videos, and Powerpoint presentations to assist in your work. Additionally, we will be fully available to answer any questions by phone or email. If you are able to host a meeting but feel that you need assistance presenting the needs to others, a representative from our office may be able to conduct the presentation.